RENACCI, HALL OF FAMERS: LET'S GET THE COIN ACT OVER THE GOAL LINE05/11/12
Washington, DC—Yesterday, U.S. Representative Jim Renacci (OH-16), U.S. Senators Rob Portman (R-OH) and Joe Manchin (D-WV), and Pro Football Hall of Famers held a press conference to push for passage of H.R. 4101, the Pro Football Hall of Fame Commemorative Coin Act.
Click on the image to view the video
Order of Speakers
U.S. Representative Jim Renacci (OH-16), U.S. Senators Rob Portman (R-OH) and Joe Manchin (D-WV), George Veras – President of Pro Football Hall of Fame Enterprise, Jeff Miller – Senior Vice President of the National Football League, and Pro Football Hall of Famers Floyd Little (Class of 2010), Warren Moon (Class of 2006), Bobby Mitchell (Class of 1983), Bruce Smith (Class of 2009), and Kellen Winslow (Class of 1995).
Key Points on the Pro Football Hall of Fame Coin Act
- The Pro Football Hall of Fame Coin Act commemorates the 50th Anniversary of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- It would authorize the Treasury to issue five dollar gold coins, one dollar silver coins and half dollar coins, all honoring Hall.
- Funds raised from the sale of the coins would go to helping the Hall acquire and preserve priceless artifacts from pro football’s storied history.
- No cost to taxpayers associated with this bill because a portion of the proceeds will cover the cost of producing the coins.
- Coins will be minted for one year starting in January, 2016.
Rep. Renacci is serving his first term in the U.S. House of Representatives, where he is a member of the Financial Services Committee. Prior to his election he worked as a Certified Public Accountant in the health care industry, and owned and operated over 60 other businesses in the automotive and sports management fields.
# # #